What is the Right Age to Start Using Anti-ageing Creams?
There is a saying that the best make up is healthy skin, which holds true because clear and glowing skin can possibly be the best foundation for enhancing one’s natural beauty, regardless of their age, gender and skin colour. Hence, it makes perfect sense to invest in a good skincare regime, and this holds especially true when it comes to using anti-wrinkle cream and anti-ageing creams to tackle aging skin concerns like wrinkles, age spots, sun damage etc.
By giving your skin some much-needed love and care by choosing the right anti-ageing skincare regime, one can easily maintain youthful and glowing skin even through their aging years. And there are some very good anti-ageing skin creams available in the market these days.
However, a common confusion shared by most when it comes to using anti-ageing cream in Dubai is the right age to start using anti-ageing cream?
Let us explore some of the factors that need to be considered while deciding when exactly you need to start using anti-ageing creams or anti-wrinkle creams.
- First symptoms of skin ageing
Besides biological age, the natural appearance of your skin is the first and foremost indicator that your skin is ready for anti-ageing products. So, it would help to look out for the below common signs of ageing skin:
- Fine lines on the face, especially on the forehead and around the lips and eyes.
- Dark circles and loss of collagen under and around the eyes make your eyes look deep-seated. Because the skin surrounding your eyes is the most sensitive, it is usually the first to be hit as the ageing process starts.
- Dark spots on the face are also commonly referred to as age spots. As the skin starts producing more melanin, the pigment that lends your skin its natural colour.
- Dry and sensitive skin, which occurs as the skin reduces the production of its natural oil called sebum, which acts as a protective barrier for the skin.
- Biological Age
While there have been varying expert opinions on the correct age to start using anti-ageing creams and anti-wrinkle creams in Dubai, the most common opinion is that 25 is the apt age to start applying anti-ageing products like anti-ageing creams and anti-wrinkle creams.
While the actual ageing process of skin starts at the age of 21 itself, visible ageing symptoms are only noticeable post 30, which is why most people often start using anti-wrinkle creams and anti-ageing creams only after turning 30.
However, experts suggest that our changing lifestyle and diet, increasing stress levels and rise in pollution levels take their toll on our skin health, which means our skin starts to show signs of ageing prematurely. Therefore, starting a good anti-ageing skincare regime at 25 would be ideal to delay the onset of ageing signs as the skin starts to degenerate around this time.
- Recommended ingredients to look for in anti-wrinkle and anti-ageing creams in Dubai:
- GAG Complex and Glycosaminoglycan
- Purple Orchid extracts
- Japanese Cherry extracts
- Vitamin C
- Azelaic acid
- Phytic acid
While skincare during youth is fairly simple for most of us as all that the skin demands is a good cleanser, moisturiser and toner, as we age, our skin naturally demands more attention to maintain its health and glow as it starts to lose its elasticity and texture. However, these concerns can also be easily managed, thanks to an array of anti-wrinkle creams available in Dubai.